EMS is built on an n-tiered service-oriented architecture (SOA) comprised of the following tiers:
- Presentation Layer
- C#/.NET based user interface utilizing high-performance Windows native visual components.
- User-configurable dashboard.
- Metadata-driven user interface to allow rapid deployment of new views/reports.
- Application Layer
- J2EE-based application server providing a high-performance, scalable, and cross-platform business processing engine.
- XML/Web services interfaces.
- Embedded Crystal Reports engine to support "board ready" reporting.
- Data Layer
- Oracle or SQL Server RDBMS engines